Friday, March 24, 2006

In the interest of fairness...

OK - last night when I got home from my EGA meeting, DH had a second present under my pillow - a silver and turquoise necklace. He told me that I couldn't seriously think that he wouldn't mark the day. Which was very sweet.
I'm still going to get the card and birthday cake from the kitties - I got one of the new blue ribbon designs charts that I've been wanting but couldn't justify last night at the LNS, and I will wrap that as a present from the kitties. To make the point, because to date, neither DGS or SD have figured out that they missed the birthday. Also to make the point that no matter what the age of the person, there needs to be a card, a cake of some sort and good wishes. And because SD has not properly acknowledged DH's birthday for years (it happens to be Christmas day, so he gets 2 toiletries instead of one... and this past one, she told him that she knew it was a different type than he asked for, but the department store gave it to her free...) - Tacky. But I am more concerned that DGS get the point that he needs to recognize other people's special events - especially the people who participate actively in his life.
So, I'm thinking either an angel food cake or a carrot cake... :-)