It's midway through January - which makes me happy as that means it will be Spring sooner, and also makes me wonder where time went... The holidays just put me off kilter due to the DGS being out of school, DH being out of school and the expectations that there are things that I must do even if I don't happen to agree... DH is always much more agreeable when he is back teaching (as of last Wednesday) and settled into a routine. Now I just have to clear the remnants of his efforts to do all the things that come into his mind while he had the free time. The temporary job is going to continue, so there is no respite there and I simply have to adjust! ;-)
Just kidding - I tried not working and went stir-crazy. I'd like to not work full time and I'm going to negotiate with the temp job if possible, but I need the external stimulus and gratification that comes from the job. I'm having fun with it and for the first time, I'm not internalizing all the "stuff" that comes with any job. It's good to be able to keep my perspective.
I'm working on completing a project from a class I took in 2003. Lovely set of smalls by Patricia Preston. I have the needlebook stitched, the front of the pincushion and am 1/3 of the way through the back of the pincushion. After that there's a cute quaker-type scissors fob. All done with a pretty fall-colors NeedleNeccessities floss with perle cotton in sandstone, and silks in green, 2 golds and 3 shades of burgundy on sandstone silk and linen. It also came with a small and large project envelopes to make in a coordinating cotton. those of us who took the class got some more of the fabric, and I have a basket lined to match the envelopes. I am amazed, as I always am, at the beauty of the design as it evolves from the 15 minutes spent here and there stitching. It boggles my mind that someone can create designs like these from their imagination! I so admire the designers who create such lovelies for the rest of us - which allows me to feel artistic and accomplished as I create these small useful things.
Forget "A stitch in time saves nine"! For me, it's "A stitch a day keeps insanity at bay"!