Today is the last day of January. Can you believe it? Where did the month go? I did have a project completion this month, and that's great, but somehow I seem to feel that I didn't get enough done this month. Do you suppose it's because of the grey gloomy weather? Hard to say...
I got my most recent order from Vikki at Hand-dyed Fibers yesterday. 10-year old GS thought the Limited Edition Herpetology floss names were sooo cool! Nothing like Snake Scales, Coral Snake and Black Mamba to excite the imagination of a boy!
As it's Tuesday, I worked this morning on a pin cushion with a French pattern (freebie) in conjunction with the French Sampler SAL on Tuesdays! This is "Biscornu de Mamouette" and instead of using red floss on white linen, I'm using some Caron Watercolors in a shade called 'Desert sunrise' on some ivory wool aida that I got somewhere - Silkweaver's, I think, in a grab bag. It's pretty and as I put my old pin cushion away somewhere safe from the cats (so safe that I can't find it now), I decided to make myself one for the sewing room. I'll stuff it with wool roving - it is supposed to keep the pins from rusting.