I signed up for the Redwork exchange on the Stitching Bloggers' Exchange EZBoard. After much trial and tribulation (nothing like a deadline to bring out every possible obstacle!), I finished my contribution and sent it off to ??? yesterday! Then to my utter and complete surprise, my goodie was waiting for me when I got home from work. A lovely package from Bea in France with a lovely natural linen bag embroidered with birds in dark red (my favorite style of redwork and what my contribution is done in) with a lovely red handle trimmed in lace. With my initial! She enclosed some darling paper napkins with a redwork sampler on them, a skein of overdyed floss, and a post card with a pattern on the front and a message in French. Luckily, DH is fluent in all the Latin based languages and translated for me! DH has decreed that the bag is far too precious for use and is to be "On Display"! Interesting reaction given that sometimes I feel as if he just tolerates my embroidery!
I am delighted with Bea's gifts and I hope that the receipient of my efforts enjoys her package just as much. I'll try to get photos and publish them later this week!