Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Phases in catdom

Have you ever noticed how the more things in life change, the more they stay the same? I just gave up on the cranky cat, deciding that after 2 years, she really is NOT going to adjust to the others. Especially as her behavior was worsening with the outside kittens visiting the back door every chance they got looking for food. So, she is off going through through the process of being placed with an Assisted Living person who will spoil her to death. And before the 3 that are left can adjust to that idea, my good friend C. decided that she really wants one of the outside kittens for her very own. So Cocoa (so named because she looks like she stuck her face in a bowl of cocoa [are these called seal-point siamese?]) has come into the house to be socialized. She's doing really well and has taken to the life of luxury - cream at every meal? Of course! Dry food all the time - Outstanding!

But the other cats are totally ticked off! I guess they will calm down after Cocoa leaves on Thursday for her new home. What a riot! - one kitten 10 weeks old in a crate that gets held approximately 2 hours a day has her 3 half-sisters who live in the house all the time completely upside down! Too funny to see them!

Needless to say, kitty socializing cuts into the stitching time, but I did get halfway through the broad diagonal stitch foliage for the 2nd tree on the DT "Marriage of the Minds" sampler. It won't be finished by the anniversary on 10/11 but I think it will be finished by year end.

And I have my redwork exchange item down what I am going to make, floss and lining fabric. Now I just have to find the linen that I know is in the stash to start the "???" - I'm not telling until after it's mailed off... But I will try to scan fabrics and floss with my new scanner and put up a photo.

No comments: